Looking for a keynote speaker who can finally explain PR?
My talk, “How to Discover and Leverage your Page One Story?” will make you laugh, perhaps cry, and will leave you with a deeper understanding of how journalists work. What is a story? What isn’t a story? My talk – told as a series of stories from my years as an award-winning journalist – will leave your team with a concrete understanding of how to identify meaningful stories and how to approach journalists.
As a keynote speaker, I’m easy to work with and I help promote my talks on social media. Audiences love me because they learn while having fun.
“That was the best introduction to PR I have ever seen, and I’ve gone to a lot of PR talks.”
– Shane Rogers, Project Manager at Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
I tailor my ‘What is PR” talk specifically to your industry.
Past engagements have included (select list):
- Vermont Tourism Summit, Manchester, VT
- Tribal Vision, Boston, MA
- Stowe Area Association, Stowe, VT
- People’s Trust Company, St. Albans, VT
- Burlington Sunrise Rotary Club, Burlington, VT
- Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, Mad River, VT
- Champlain Connections BNI, Burlington, VT
- Rhode Island Farmer’s Market Collaborative, RI
- Workshop: Fast-track Your PR, Newport, RI
- **SOLD OUT** Newport Interactive Marketers, Newport, RI
Listen to Julia’s keynote speaker sound clips:
“Thanks again for training the team! They raved about your presentation.”
– Damien Cabral, Partner, Tribal Vision
“Hi Julia, You’re the best. I mean it; the initial press release had so much good information.”
– Kathie Raleigh, writer for The Sun Chronicle (MA)
“A great marketing workshop from our market friend Julia Scott at the RI Farmers Market conference yesterday.”
– Bevan Lindsey, Aquidneck Grower’s Market
“I picked up great ideas to get press attention and I also solved a problem that’s been niggling me for some time. I came away from the one and a half hour workshop energized and inspired, with a clear idea for next steps.”
– Lisa Tener, Book writing coach
“Best talk on PR I’ve ever seen.”
– Ted Ives, SEO Guru
What about your Facebook Marketing talk?
So glad you asked! I also offer a hands-on Facebook Marketing 101 & 201 talk. Guests will learn how to leverage their existing Facebook business page to create a buzz and increase foot traffic. They will walk away ahead of the curve and with new ideas to engage their target customer to grow business.
“Good slides, good topics, good presentation!!”
– Cathy Weymalth, Tune the Temple
“Thanks for the presentation this morning. You had some great info and taught me some things I had never considered. I’d be grateful to receive a copy/link to your presentation. You had lots of insight that I can pass along to our map franchisees!!!”
– Chris Sands, Discovery Map International
“I want my non-profit board to attend.”
– Suzanne Hull-Parent, The Mighty Oak
“This presentation was extremely informative and very helpful.”
– Beth Cochran, Mad River Veterinary Service
To ensure your team takes action on the practical insights shared during my “What is PR” talk, I close each presentation with our valuable Digital Media Tool Kit, which includes: