Job Title: Marketing assistant trainee
Location: Fully remote
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
Pay: $15/hour, temporary position
Length of program: 8 weeks
Start date: February 13, 2023
End date: April 14, 2023
About the training program:
We are a fully remote digital marketing agency that is offering a paid Marketing Assistant Traineeship and mentoring program. This program was created specifically to provide training, experience, and connections for BIPOC who may have more barriers to professional work, or who have been unable to land their first job in the marketing field.
The program is an opportunity for candidates with an interest in digital marketing to gain experience and guidance from marketing professionals, and to learn in an environment that supports questions and professional growth.
Our goal is to help candidates develop and advance their marketing skills—giving them the tools they need to hopefully land an entry-level position in the marketing field. The candidate’s commitment to this program will play a large role in the outcome.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Our ideal candidate enjoys writing, is interested in social media marketing, is curious about email marketing, and wants to understand how a brand can and should represent itself to its customers through content marketing. They would love to get hired as a marketing assistant at a digital marketing agency and they need entry-level experience to stand out.
A promising candidate wants to learn in a collaborative, supportive environment. They relish learning new marketing skills and tools, ask questions, and are motivated to step up and try something new. They are able to join select Zoom meetings, work independently, meet up in person if possible, and will consider attending virtual and in-person networking events. Not being able to meet in person will not disqualify candidates.
As a candidate, you want to advance your marketing career, gain knowledge of marketing strategies and tools, and experience the day-to-day workings of a remote digital marketing agency.
- Tasks & responsibilities may include:
- Attending virtual Monday afternoon team meetings
- Learning from tutorials, trainings, standard operating procedures, and shadowing team members
- Meeting virtually with members of the team for 15-20 hours each week, whether for shadowing or to learn a specific skill/tool
- Assisting in projects that will hone your skills and teach you how to use new tools in real time.
- Observing client meetings on Zoom
- Reviewing videos and written resources
- Researching companies or agencies you might want to work for
- Attending virtual or in-person networking events
- Asking questions to solidify your own understanding
You will have opportunities to become familiar with the following tools, depending on what you’d like to focus on:
- Google Suite (primarily Google Drive and Google Sheets)
- Facebook Creator Studio
Requirements: access to a computer, high-speed internet access, basic computer and internet skills, basic writing skills
Why consider joining us:
- We are a woman-owned business and committed to creating and sustaining a supportive, satisfying, and anti-racist work culture.
- Enjoy zero commute and a flexible job working from the comfort of your home while gaining valuable exposure to marketing skills.
- Learn new skills and tools on the job that build your resume.
- Upon successful completion of the program, gain a professional letter of reference
- Secure invitations to networking events with a trusted member of the JSM team to introduce you.
Who we are: J.Scott Marketing is an inclusive and growing digital marketing agency with an exciting array of clients, seeing a trainee who is motivated and ready to advance their digital marketing skills.
A successful candidate mentorship program looks like:
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Shadow team members
- Consume video and written training content
- Ask questions
- Assessment of familiarity and proficiency with various marketing tools
- Learn new marketing tools listed above
- At the end of the month, present what you’ve learned so far to your direct mentor on Zoom
- All of the above, plus:
- 30-day check in
- Collaborate on client projects to apply the tools and skills that you’ve learned
- At the end of the month, present what you’ve learned to the entire team on Zoom
To apply: Submit a cover letter sharing why you are interested in digital marketing, any relevant experience you have, and what qualities you bring to the team, as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.